Friends Coming Together Through Dog Agility

Posted on 01/08/16 30 Comments

Krinna and Naomi.I’m sure you have life long friendships that got their roots somewhere in dog sports. Meet Krinna and Naomi two friends who were strangers prior to talking to each other about mutual struggles in a dog agility class. Both ladies travelled up to Canada last year to take part in our summer camp. Both are fairly new to agility. At the time of this interview Naomi had been an online student with us in Handling360 for just over a year and Krinna for 6 months.  I think you will enjoy their vulnerability and candidness. I love what Naomi says about people who struggle with their handling…such amazing insight from a relative new comer to the sport.

Yes Naomi handling is all about having clarity for your dog and speaking the same language. Please let Naomi and Krinna know how their story moved you by leaving them a comment below. Thank you ladies!

Today I am grateful for Krinna and Naomi, for inspiring us all to focus on our goals and keep working through our struggles.

1. Laura Kniffin says:
    Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 8:11pm

You both made me feel so glad that I belong to 360 and to keep listening and learning.

2. Karen says:
    Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 3:31pm

They hit the nail on the head when they talked about having the language to use with your dog. I had a very limited verbal cue vocabulary (basically naming the obstacle and “here”). But since H360 I have added so many more cues that help my dog differentiate even the smallest differences. Now I have more confidence in trusting my dogs will do their job b/c they have a far better understanding of what that job is.

3. Marie says:
    Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 11:43pm

Naomi & Krinna, you are both amazing, such positiveness & truly inspirational, your friendship makes a person’s heart all fuzzy, Thank You both.

4. Karla Wilson says:
    Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 9:31pm

They just shine with whatever it is that immersion in the “Do-Land” community creates…whether in Handling360, Recallers, or Puppy Peaks. Supers stars, indeed, and that shine sets us all aglow with the belief that yes, we can do it too!

5. Cathy Tomm says:
    Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 3:43pm

Love your story ladies. It is great to hear how you have worked together on handling 360. I love this agility game too! Partnership with your dog and those you are working with are what it is all about! Handling 360 has been a great system and has made me and Gemma shine too. Gemma is a black Lab too. Go Lab power.

6. Blanche Cooper says:
    Friday, January 8, 2016 at 11:50pm

I love this video, it captures the connection between you so perfectly.

Connection is what Susan models best, connection with our dogs and each other.

7. Deborah says:
    Friday, January 8, 2016 at 11:32pm

Clearly positive attracts positive! Go for it!

8. bouvier says:
    Friday, January 8, 2016 at 8:42pm

Very inspiring! Thanks! Needed that!

9. Barbara says:
    Friday, January 8, 2016 at 8:08pm

Wonderfully inspirational!! Thank you ladies and thank you Susan for sharing!

10. kay acres says:
    Friday, January 8, 2016 at 7:53pm

Thanks for expressing the magic of H360 and Susan Garrett. H360 brings us closer to our dogs and our agility friends. Thankful to be involved.

11. Jan says:
    Friday, January 8, 2016 at 7:14pm

You ladies are inspirational!

12. Jen Shaul says:
    Friday, January 8, 2016 at 6:55pm

Well done! What a great story!

13. Sara Dunard Reuter says:
    Friday, January 8, 2016 at 6:28pm

I LOOOOVE the video! krinna and Naomi seem truly awesome, and what a beautiful friendship! Very moving ????

14. Patrice says:
    Friday, January 8, 2016 at 5:01pm

Krinna- what a pleasure to see you in this video. I am not surprised at all- you are awesome in so many ways. Thank you for sharing your experience with the rest of us, and giving us inspiration to move forward with our agility dreams. You Rock girlfriend!!

15. SWeaver says:
    Friday, January 8, 2016 at 3:05pm

Must add: I want your orange t-shirt, Krinna. 🙂

16. Charlotte says:
    Friday, January 8, 2016 at 2:00pm

You guys are awesome :).

17. Cathi S says:
    Friday, January 8, 2016 at 1:04pm

I met Naomi and her daughter at camp in 2014. We’ve been Facebook friends since that time. So nice to connect with kindred spirits through H360!

• Suzie says:
      Friday, January 8, 2016 at 6:41pm

Couldn’t agree with the more Cathy, Naomi very heart felt, lovely.
      Loved Krinna’s what’s the La La. Positive grows more positive ????

18. Kate says:
    Friday, January 8, 2016 at 12:53pm

Lovely video! You put H360 across so well and its great you have each other to train with.

I know what you mean about being starstruck when meeting Susan…im meeting her this year for the first time and ill be the same! (I wont be able to sleep either!)

Also LOVE Krinna’s t-shirt 🙂

19. Jan F says:
    Friday, January 8, 2016 at 12:42pm

How great that you’ve got each other for inspiration and motivation!
    Lovely story 🙂

• Krinna says:
      Friday, January 8, 2016 at 2:04pm

Thank you. Naomi is an awesome friend. I’m very lucky

• Naomi says:
        Friday, January 8, 2016 at 6:36pm

No, thank you! 😉

• Lynda says:
        Friday, January 8, 2016 at 10:14pm

Look you two are still at it! Where is the heart emoticon!

20. SWeaver says:
    Friday, January 8, 2016 at 12:37pm

Thank you both for sharing. So supportive!

21. Jan Schultz says:
    Friday, January 8, 2016 at 12:24pm

Awesome video, so very inspiring.

Thank-you for sharing!

22. Susan Shipp says:
    Friday, January 8, 2016 at 11:27am

I met Krinna in Fort Worth at a trial. It was the Fall before she started H360 but she had heard about it. Several us were wearing our H360 shirts so Krinna join us on walking courses and asked a lot of questions. It was a joy to watch this video to see how far both Krinna and Naomi have come in their handling and that their conversation can inspire all of us with our work. Thank you, ladies!

• Anne Miller says:
      Friday, January 8, 2016 at 12:13pm

Great minds think a like, I just posted this on FB before I read yours!
      I met Krinna last year at a trial in Fort Worth, TX – because I was wearing a H360 shirt!   Her lab Kate is amazing. I was shocked to run into her again at summer camp!! Krinna and Naomi – what an inspiring video.

23. Vicki says:
    Friday, January 8, 2016 at 11:15am

I love how you finish each other’s sentences. If I didn’t know I would have thought you two had been friends since childhood not just a year of so. Thank you for the motivation you have given me.

• Lynda says:
      Friday, January 8, 2016 at 10:15pm

Vicky, thats what I noticed!

24. Barbara Paterson says:
    Friday, January 8, 2016 at 10:09am

What a wonderful video Naomi and Krinna!

So lovely to see you. You are so right – but you put it across so brilliantly! You shine not only in your agility but also in your friendship, support of Susan and sending out this message.

Not only do you make me feel proud to be in H360 with you, but you encourage me to get my act together and follow in your footsteps!

Thank you, you beautiful women!