A Dog Training Christmas in November

Posted on 11/10/11 20 Comments

Stand is Fun!

The Say Yes team has been working overtime preparing for all that is “new.” As I mentioned last week we have a cool new video on teaching how “The Stand is Fun” which is on Facebook and Puppy Peaks. Thank you for all of the positive comments on this video especially for the video clips of as people trying it out and getting the same kind of results I am showing; a pretty terrific “stand” in just 5 minutes of training (yes I will post the written description of this game here on the blog for all of you non Facebook or Puppy Peak people).

Phase One of Our New Website is Complete

Over the next couple of months the crazy hard working peeps at WebManna  will be doing double shifts working on a complete facelift of our clickerdogs website. For now, we have a “phase one” in place (special thanks to Bill at Whistler Web Design for speedy work helping us get this done in double time!) Some new pictures added (yes finally Swagger makes an appearance on the clickerdogs site), cool new layout and I re-wrote the front page, here is the intro;

Effective puppy training and dog obedience training should be fun for both the dog and the human! Imagine if you could create the dog of your dreams simply by “playing” with your dog every day!

Remember, this is only phase one! Andrea and Jason have a load of exciting surprises in store with this new website, I am w-a-y excited. It has been long overdue and this site is going to R-O-C-K the house.

Uber Cool New E-Book

The latest thing for us to roll out is a brand new e-book. I am very proud of  “On Being a Good Dog Training Student.”   It is a compilation of articles I presented in a series exclusively for my newsletter subscribers over the past year.  I received many glowing emails on this series when I ran it, so I thought it would make a terrific e-book. Originally our plan was to sell it but then I thought, heck lets to give it away as a gift! Christmas is coming isn’t it?

So it was meant to be gift, exclusive for my newsletter subscribers. But alas, I now have reason number 153 why Susan should leave technology up to the qualified geeks. I screwed up and somehow this e-book was made accessible to a whole lot more people than just those on my Newsletter list.

As you can see in this “Screen capture” of a report from my newsletter provider the ebook has gone viral;

some how, it has downloaded by more than 32,000 people over the past 48 hours! I guess “free” really is “good!”

So the good news is that the “special gift” I had for my Newsletter Subscribers has now been received by many more than I had originally thought it would reach. I did laugh at my error because at the end of the day, my ultimate goal is to have dogs everywhere be better understood by their owners and if 32,000+ dog owners get a better view of how to get the most out of their next dog training lesson, life is good from where I am sitting!

However the geek error has been corrected so, now this ebook is really only available to my newsletter subscribers and any future “gifts” I give away will be handled by one more qualified so errors like that one won’t happen again!  If you are not yet a subscriber you can sign up with the form on the right hand side of this blog post and you will instantly have access to the ebook as well!

Webinar Series Next Week!

Next up, a brand new webinar dog training series is about to kick off next week. First webinar will be released next Monday. Just to give you an idea of what is upcoming, below is the last webinar in a series I released earlier this year. It is 23 minutes of pure dog training info, so grab a cup of your favourite brew, a note pad, pen and settle in. More to come so watch your newsletters as we kick off the release of Recallers 3.0, coming soon!

Today I am so grateful for my very qualified staff of geeks and dog trainers alike who share my vision of wanting to better the lives of dogs everywhere. Today a special shout out goes to Sarah Novak for doing yet another amazing job on my new ebook, yeah Sarah!

1. Emily says:
    Tuesday, February 2, 2016 at 4:45am

Is this still ongoing? I would love to sign my pup up!

• Mandy Pilgrim says:
      Tuesday, February 2, 2016 at 12:21pm

Hi Emily, if you sign up here http://handling360.com/close/ for updates, more information will be coming soon!

2. linda douglas says:
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at 12:59pm

Can we get on the 5 minute formula now.i was in recallers 2 and submitted a video so i am in it but. Last time i totally missed the start. i found out a week later that i could have gotten on the web site . don’t want it to happen again….i did not do the recallers the way it should be done and this time will do it better.

3. Sarah says:
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at 12:04pm

thanks for the shout out Susan – but the biggest shout out goes to you – people are raving about the e-book and using it as a reference already!!! thank you for making people better dog owners and trainers.

4. Tanya Vasilev says:
    Friday, November 11, 2011 at 7:46pm

Susan, when does the enrollment start? How can I want to make I do not miss it? Tanya

5. Nancy says:
    Friday, November 11, 2011 at 12:49pm

I would love the e-book, but do not have facebook… Is there another way to get it?

Friday, November 11, 2011 at 2:37pm

Yes Nancy, you can get an ebook just by signing up to my newsletter. The sign up form is on the right hand side of this page under “Newsletter Sign Up”

6. Debra Jones says:
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 9:26pm

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Susan.

7. Jackie says:
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 8:19pm

Did Recallers end?????? I don’t get on often enough to even start to keep up! Guess a fool and her money………

However, since I am in the Inner Circle, guess it is not over yet for me, and I keep having this crazy idea I will have time to read and watch and try all the games. And Sammie and Jelly and Teensie just love it when we actually have a session! I am getting lots of little tips, lots of tweeks to games I already play with my dogs and I love the motivational, uplifting notes. Helps me bounce back from loooong, stressful days. Thank you for finally offering on line programs.

What will be different in Recallers 3.0?

8. Sandy Hafer says:
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 4:54pm

Thanks Susan for ALL the excellent information you have given to us since I enrolled in the 1st Recallers class!! Everyday I look at my Westies and think about how far we have come over the last year by using information and lessons that you have been kind enough to share with those of us that are unable to get to Canada to your training camps!! We all appreciate your “sharing” so much!!

9. Shelley says:
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 4:25pm

LOL Susan can hear your bubbling over energy from all the way over here! Off to check out Master Swagger on the new site!

10. Laura says:
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 1:24pm

Susan, with you, EVERY day is Christmas for us, every time we train our dog using your methods or turn on our computer. 🙂

11. Nellie says:
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 12:09pm

Hi Susan, I posted on the “winners” page before this one appeared, but now I know where to say thank you! Loads of great news, your ebook is great, and I can’t wait until I know more about the recallers course!
    One question: do you ever sleep at all? 😉

• Laura says:
      Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 1:25pm

Susan only sleeps if/when the ‘chattering monkeys’ in her head allow her to. 😉

• Nellie says:
        Friday, November 11, 2011 at 6:34pm

Haha, yes, I know – our monkey. It’s only one, you see, but chattering for ten. If you can just press the mute button for a minute or two so you can listen to what the rest of the world has to offer…
        I try to do that every time I walk my dogs. I don’t always succeed, but if I do, it’s wonderful.
        I’d like to share this with you, I hope I put the link in correctly. Jill Bolte Taylor’s TED talk.

“Paradise is exactly like where you are right now – only much, much better” (Laurie Anderson)

• Nellie says:
        Friday, November 11, 2011 at 6:44pm

sigh… the link didn’t make it into my reply. Sorry, I don’t know how to do it, or maybe it isn’t allowed to post links. You can find it on youTube, I loved it.

12. Andrea says:
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 11:21am

New website is looking great, can’t wait to see next phases.

13. Willy says:
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 9:30am

*Another* webinar coming up!? Wow- I can’t believe my eyes at all the awesome stuff you have been doing lately. PuppyPeaks, Recallers, eBooks, coaching calls, webinars, free training videos, discount coupons… I mean- it’s incredible. Not to mention I just bought the 2×2 and Crate Games dvd and am just about finished reading Shaping Success. My life is quite literally filled with your material right now and I couldn’t be a more happy camper. I’m not sure why you are so generous- but once again I just have to say thanks!

14. Mary Cain says:
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 8:55am

Susan Thanks for the lastest ebook, very useful and much appreciated. U R A””Superstar”!!!