A Pictorial Glimpse at the Critical Elements of Say Yes!

Posted on 04/19/10 14 Comments

Well we have launched! Two weekends ago we unrolled the first “Flatwork Secrets” & “Blueprint for Handling Success.” This past weekend it was “Advances in Dog Training” and “Critical Elements.” I like the way things piece together and although it always seems I have more I want to teach, I like the way the entire program will progressively roll out for students throughout their dog’s life.

Here are some candid pics of the students, the staff and the dogs enjoying themselves at “Critical Elements for Sport and Life” . . .  it is not just for agility training it IS much more than that!

Ann & Tai practicing Crate Games!

Lisa & Carbon working tug drive.

Penny showing her moves during morning break, me of course on the Cellerciser!

My turn on the Voo Doo board!

Morning breaks will never be the same!

Christine & Quake working around distractions while Paola enjoys the games.

John’s turn to record keep while Aida & Patron play You’re Out You’re In!

Cool Moss catching up on some zzz’s . . .  decided his tuggy needed to be closer to him . . .  . . .  clever, naughty boy:).

Tug demo!

Lynda having another “I love my puppy so much” moment.

Sarah & Rhumba, a little ItsYerChoice.

Feature showing great restraint . . . you can look but do not touch, until you hear . . .

“GET IT!!!!!”

Rick & Roxy enjoying some down time.

Bronwyn & Kepler relationship building.

John & Styx tug with the toy I’ve got while record keeper Aida looks on.

John and “his dog” Encore making sure we all get it right!

It was a great group, with lots of enthusiasm right up until the last moment.

Today I am grateful for the understanding of all of the participants at this weeks upcoming Greg & Laura Derrett seminars that we will be hosting without Greg & Laura (due to an uncooperative volcano!)

1. Joseph says:
    Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 8:04pm

The great thing about the Say Yes program is that it not only a trigger (to change), but an enabler (for change). Some triggers are subtle, some are, er, well, more blatant … either way, you are given the tools to grow.

2. mtrebino says:
    Thursday, April 22, 2010 at 3:42pm

I cannot wait to come..guess I have to get a puppy first…margie

3. Maggie says:
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 at 1:25pm

Susan, any chance of not only getting these great concepts on DVD but also in a book/work book format? That would be so much help for the rest of the doggie world community who might not be able to attend your seminars.

4. Tori Self says:
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 at 8:39pm

“I love my puppy so much” moments are the best. 🙂 And I’m diggin’ the hair!!

5. A&J says:
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 at 12:18pm

6. Angie says:
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 at 2:04am

Sounds like some great workshops…can’t wait to get a chance to attend!

7. Mary M says:
    Monday, April 19, 2010 at 9:42pm

Was a great workshop, thanks for all your time in putting together this new line up of classes, and the energy put into your teaching!

Susan you always impart so much knowledge…even as simple as a passing “sit vs.sat” teachable moment…..I can’t believe I had not put that together before (i.e. I had only considered the repetition being incorrect when requesting the behavior…) I was really kicking myself after consideration of our brief conversation….I have so much to learn!

AND, I can’t wait to see the improvement in my cues while kicking this bad habit!

8. Bronwyn says:
    Monday, April 19, 2010 at 5:02pm

This camp was truly wonderful. The difference in my puppy over the four days was astonishing. I am looking forward to applying what I have learned to build my pup up to be all he can be. I bought a Gentle Leader on the way home from work.

9. Paola Hoger says:
    Monday, April 19, 2010 at 2:03pm

Wasn’t sure about doing 4 days since usually after 2 days my brain is done. Susan, you kept it very interesting and fun, love the balance breaks for the people. I keep remembering little gems of information you imparted during the two seminars and will take a few weeks to assimilate all the concepts you taught. Thank you and can’t wait until spring.

10. Laurie says:
    Monday, April 19, 2010 at 11:28am

Great concept! Any chance of seeing these classes in future DVDs?

11. Sarah Mairs says:
    Monday, April 19, 2010 at 10:47am

After 4 days of getting up before 5am, I still got up this morning with the “I wanna” attitude – Sooooo much fun. Thanks to Susan, Penny and Lynda for a great time. The tooth fairy brought Rhumba her Gentle Leader!!!!! What a great day it will be!

12. Andrea says:
    Monday, April 19, 2010 at 9:23am

Looks like so much fun! Glad the TNT babies rocked the house 🙂 I can’t wait to go again – I loved Lurer’s and Skills and am excited to see the fab new version.

13. Melissa Davis says:
    Monday, April 19, 2010 at 8:53am

Is there any chance you will be doing these two seminars again at Say Yes before August?

14. Christine says:
    Monday, April 19, 2010 at 8:49am

Great seminar. The content in the AIDT & CE was amazing with so many little details and how they all connect together – quite often these pieces can be overlooked, yet the SY team has clearly spent alot of time ensuring that their students see and digest the entire picture.

I am so happy to have travelled the distance as this is an investement in my puppies future and our relationship as a team. We are looking forward to future camps as well as more opportunities for repeat the AIDT seminars!