Decisions, Decisions . . .

Posted on 03/29/11 97 Comments

The decision as to which puppy I am going to raising has been made. Of course as some of you may have guessed it really was made January 30 . . . the question is was it made because I saw Feature had only had a male puppy and I knew I didn’t want to raise one or was it made because Feature only had one puppy and I knew I had to keep him . . .

The answer is held in the video.

Today I am grateful for the great ideas that come to me when I start with a new puppy.

1. Janet Bernier says:
    Saturday, April 9, 2011 at 12:44am

I’m so glad you decided to keep the Swagger man! Lately it seems that I know more and more people that have young singleton pups that arent sure what to do with them when they start with the REALLY confident stage! I’ve tried to coach them with playing with a litter the same age, and some clicker training, but these people are clients with limited resourses, and seem to think that their older dog will teach all the pup needs to know…your toys and play has helped me explain how important it is to be with strange dogs, but for the most part, the puppy owners aren’t getting it. What would you suggest to get them in the game? Susan, you are a genious at dog training and I hang on every word you say!! Help me to help others!!(the average new puppy owner)

2. lucy long says:
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 at 6:31pm

I just love Swagger!!! I know you and he are going to set the agility world on fire!!! Well done Susan, well done indeed.

3. Kelly St-Jacques says:
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 at 7:46am

Congratulations to both you and Swagger. What an incredible experience to have raised your next teammate right from birth! He’s going to be a blast.

4. Kim Collins says:
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 at 1:03am

Yeah!!! I knew you were keeping him when you named him!I told you that name was for a boy!!! I think god knew you were keeping him before you even met him!

Looking forward to meeting him in person!

Kim

5. Dori says:
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 at 7:18pm

So pleased to hear that Swagger will stay. I almost threw my iPad across the room as I couldn’t see the video to see your decision on it…the suspense..but I calmed down and sought another device. And now I am okay! Congratulations on the new now permanent arrival. Great video!

6. Suzanne says:
    Monday, April 4, 2011 at 11:33pm

So happy you are keeping Swag!! Congratulations on your new puppy!

7. Shirley Holmes says:
    Monday, April 4, 2011 at 9:04am

Beautiful little pup. May you have loads of fun with him and I just know that he will do you proud.

Regards

Shirley

8. Harley Harrington says:
    Monday, April 4, 2011 at 8:11am

Great video, you are very creative. I need to find someone with this kind of talent to work on my site, I will be following your journey. Thanks

9. denise crook says:
    Sunday, April 3, 2011 at 2:55am

can’t wait to read all about the lessons this little man has been sent to teach you and you in turn us

10. Ali says:
    Saturday, April 2, 2011 at 3:58am

I didn’t know it was possible to fall in love with a dog over the internet, but after seeing all the videos and pictures of him, I know I have! I’m so glad you’re keeping him, and that this means I get to look forward to more adorable videos of pretty boy Swag!

11. Diane says:
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 4:27pm

I kind of thought you would keep the little man!
    Almost 8 years ago I had a littler of 3 pups, 1 male and 2 females. I really wanted one of the girls, and tried to be objective. After taking tons of pictures of the little ones I discovered that most of them were the BOY, and I really didn’t want a boy! Of course after puppy testing and being soooo objective, I kept the boy.
    His sister far outshines him in the agility ring, but I would not trade this boy dog for all the tea in china…I absolutely adore him!! Listen to your heart sometimes, not your head.Enjoy your new “boy baby”.

12. Marlane says:
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 3:44pm

Congratulations Susan, this video brought tears to my eyes….. I so wanted you to choose Swag! Of course I have a preference to Red.

13. Nancy says:
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 9:44am

So glad you are keeping him! We are all in love with him. The Swagger fan club wants more video! πŸ™‚

14. Kari says:
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 9:18am

Yea! A little gender balance is a good thing — besides he is too cute!

15. Claire says:
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 4:43am

Congratulations !
    Swagger is a star and you deserve each other.

16. Kim Bosworth says:
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 11:32pm

Woo Hoo!!! Love the Swag video:)

17. Sofia says:
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 3:16pm

Love the video! πŸ˜€

18. Trish says:
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 2:30pm

Awwww we knew it all along ….. great choice and can’t wait to see more videos! πŸ™‚

19. Wendy says:
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 2:19pm

As I often hear you say in videos… “Good choice, Susan!” πŸ˜‰

I’m so happy for you, and for Swagger man – you guys deserve each other… Talent and attitude and a lot of love.

20. Laura says:
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 11:44am

I have a hunch that this choice is going to result in a change of Susan’s mind about what gender of dog she’d rather train. πŸ™‚

21. Judith Batchelor says:
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 8:11am

That little boy came into your life 8 weeks ago and took a place in your heart. While you tried to ignore it or fight it he was there to stay.

Enjoy your young Lad

Judith

22. Ros says:
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 7:24am

Woohoo! Susan’s got a Swagger in her step πŸ™‚ Best wishes for your boy… Ros, Peter and the BCs in Oz

23. Fiona says:
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 1:58am

Couldn’t see how you could have given him up, such great attitude to work with. And boys really are great! Also very much looking forward to seeing his journey.

24. Debbie says:
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 1:40am

Congrats on making a great decision to keep Swag. Best wishes as you continue on a journey started. Can’t wait to see where it will lead.

25. Mary Lou says:
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 10:41pm

He’s such an adorable boy I was certain you’d be keeping him. Enjoy your new journey. That’s one lucky puppy! I am looking forward to meeting him in person.

26. Donna Rock says:
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 10:13pm

YAY! You deserve him! I think you made a great decision….LOVE HIM!

27. denise says:
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 8:10pm

Woohoo for Pretty Boy Swag….. hope you’ll continue to let us see him grow up!!

28. Carol & Pypo says:
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 6:37pm

I’m IN LOVE with his structure!!

I canΒ΄t stop looking at the picture at 0:44s!!!

29. Pat Burroughs says:
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 5:11pm

Congrats I am looking forward to following more of “Pretty Boy Swags” journey I had a feeling he would be staying with you in all the pictures with you and him you could see you two were meant to stay together : )

30. Alison says:
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 4:52pm

haha – you only had to look at the number of photos you took of him to know!

31. Sandy says:
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 4:51pm

Great site…have a wonderful time with your new guy!

32. dajrn says:
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 4:47pm

Okay, I’m crying with happiness! How could you not…he chose you…I’m so excited to be seeing Swag’s journey, Susan!

33. Cassie Levy says:
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 4:25pm

Love the video and what a great song!! Congrats to both of you! I myself are very partial to the home-bred, naughty boys! And in my personal experience, knowing that he was born in my hands makes everything my naughty boy does, that much more forgivable!

34. Shelley says:
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 3:56pm

Best decision!!! Now we get to see Swagger from start to the finished genius we know he’s going to be! Swagger you best go sign up for recallers 2!!!

35. Rachelle says:
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 3:46pm

Awwwwwesome! How could you possibly resist those eyes and that naughty pants attitude? With you he is destined for great things… who knows – he may have some new things to teach you as well. πŸ™‚ Congrats! You made the right choice.

36. Annieke says:
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 3:40pm

YAY! The Swagster! I was hoping you’d keep him, Susan. Wishing you both lots of fun!

37. Linda says:
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 3:38pm

Excellent – I love the Swag man and he has a fantastic shape and style all his own πŸ™‚

All the best with your new puppy, and I”m looking forward the Penny & Raven blog too

38. Karla says:
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 3:25pm

From Naughty Pants to Pretty Boy….what a nice announcement of Yer Choice to continue the journey with Swag. Today I am grateful that you shared that beginning!

39. Jenn says:
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 2:38pm

I am so glad to hear you kept Swagger!

I wish I could watch the video… The blog videos are not compatible with iPad. I hope you post it either on YouTube or Facebook. πŸ™‚

40. Jenn says:
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 2:37pm

Hard to resist a nubbin you’ve raised up.

May you both be blessed.

41. Trudie says:
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 2:33pm

We’ve gotten such an insider’s view of Swagger’s looks and personality, I am loving it to see the film of every step, how a little dog grows up with Susan Garrett in the land of “Do” …

42. Bonnie says:
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 1:59pm

Lovely structure on that puppy – no wonder you couldn’t give him up! He’ll be role model for what singletons can become with the right upbringing.

43. Esther says:
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 1:39pm

Congratulations with your Swagger boy. He’s a champion already with a lot of charm. Have fun with him!

44. Angela says:
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 1:11pm

Awe Susan you ol’ softy! :-)Congratulations! XOXO

45. Serena says:
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 1:06pm

Not at all suprising :)… sometimes we just need to say it out loud! Looking forward to the further adventures of the ‘swag man’!

46. chloe De Segonzac says:
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 12:53pm

LOVE the video
    LOVE the audio

47. Janine Vander Yacht says:
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 12:51pm

Good Decision! Congratulations on your new baby boy!