Everything IS Amazing and So Few People are Happy

Posted on 10/23/09 15 Comments

This is another great video clip for you with Conan O’Brien interviewing comedian Lewis CK.  “Louie” is talking about how amazing life is right now and yet how “non contributing zeros” can still find something to complain about.  Basically the clip is about gratitude and appreciating all that is good with the world we live in.  Although hysterically funny, there is so much truth in the clip, especially if you spend any time on those email chat-lists. It scares me how brave/rude/critical people can get behind a computer screen, ouch!

So this one lets us all laugh at ourselves.

Today I am grateful for the fact WE ARE MOVING INTO THE NEW HOUSE THIS WEEKEND!!! Yes, finally, it is not absolutely completed but we are moving in while the weather is still agreeable.  Hmm only 4 1/2 months past our promised moving in date . . .  but wait, me saying that makes me a “spoiled idiot” doesn’t it?  So, how about I rephrase that to “OMG, we have a NEW house to move into and it is amazing, how grateful am I!

Have a good one everyone and if you are near Alberton, Ontario this weekend stop by and lift the heavy end will ya?

1. Andrea says:
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 2:34pm

Now time to convert the apartment into a bed and breakfast! Oh the marketing ideas start pouring in….

I’m so happy for you. We all know how much you’ve been looking forward to FINALLY moving in. Ahh, nothing like a shiny new house with ALL NEW APPLIANCES! WOO HOO!

2. Karey says:
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 1:54pm

So glad to hear you are moving in……congrats!!!! It is a wonderful house, and I wish you many years of laughter and happiness in your new home!

3. Cindy Briggs says:
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 12:27pm

and the miracle of in the internet allows me to comment on the funny video

4. Cindy Briggs says:
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 12:26pm

OMG as always the video clips you share are so funny that they make me laugh out loud and put it all in perspective!! Love this and thanks for sharing. Enjoy the new house!

5. Kathryn says:
    Friday, October 23, 2009 at 5:09pm

Based on the arrival-day blog, I’m guessing the house includes a Slap Chop shrine, climate-controlled, perfectly lit, the works.

6. Lynda says:
    Friday, October 23, 2009 at 5:00pm

Good one Claire… it will have its own lighted cabinet with a gold plate for it to rest on… Did you know they sell them in the US at Walgreens? – Yes I had to hold her back from a purchase in TN…

and given Susan’s “moving” ability Im sure she’s moved as much of it as she could single handily today as she was trying to do wheeling the Freezer on a moving cart through the agility field on Wednesday when I was there!

It is exciting… I wish I could be there to see the dogs first romp through!

7. Claire Duder says:
    Friday, October 23, 2009 at 1:56pm

Congrats on the up-coming move. Does the Slap Chop have a cupboard all its own?

We need pictures!!!!

8. Kelly says:
    Friday, October 23, 2009 at 1:54pm

Happy Move In Weekend!! WAHOO!!!!

9. Barbara says:
    Friday, October 23, 2009 at 11:05am

Hey Susan, What great news that the house is finally ready for you, John and the furkids!! As they say, “all good things are worth waiting for”. Enjoy the house for many years to come. I will email you a clip I received relating to your blog today.

10. Andrea says:
    Friday, October 23, 2009 at 10:47am

Yay – does that mean there’s an apartment available for me to move into? 😉

11. Melissa Myers says:
    Friday, October 23, 2009 at 10:21am

Congrats on your new digs! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!

12. Mary Lou says:
    Friday, October 23, 2009 at 10:09am

Moving in!!!!! How exciting!!!!!
    Wishing you, John and the dogs many wonderful years in your new home!

13. Tracy says:
    Friday, October 23, 2009 at 9:24am

yay, new house!! movie night part 2!
    that video clip made me laugh my ass off – so true, so true!!!!!

14. Ami says:
    Friday, October 23, 2009 at 9:15am

Congrats on the new house!! I know it’s been a long time in the making, and that moment is finally here! You know it won’t be a home until someone pukes or some wine is spilled! :o) Enjoy the new digs!

15. Kathryn says:
    Friday, October 23, 2009 at 8:24am

“The champagne is flat and the caviar has run out. Will it never end?” (director Mike Nichols)