All the Answers Anyone Could Ever Need

Posted on 11/13/10 27 Comments

Just in case you missed this very informative interview, I thought I would share.

Today I am grateful for the enthusiastic dog trainers here in Australia.

1. MicheleFry says:
    Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 5:37pm

So where do we go to get the answers to the questions? All good questions, none of which I know the answer to.

• Helen KIng says:
      Wednesday, December 29, 2010 at 11:18am

Just go to one of Susan’s Advances in Dog Training seminars! The answers are all in there! 🙂
      I have been to that seminar 6 or 8 times now and will continue going forever! I learn something new everytime I go.

2. Jenny Yasi says:
    Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 12:55pm

Love you Susan!! You two so funny!

3. MRB in Oz says:
    Monday, November 22, 2010 at 1:21am

Fooled me for the first couple of questions. Especially with all that nervous “I’m being interviewed” twitching WTF? … Ah! I don’t know how you kept straight faces.

They were great questions. With the right questions you can always find the answers you need. Or not. 🙂

Reminds me of Norman Gunstan. Note: “budgie” is a small, sometimes destructive, parrot.
    The Chevy Chase interview is plain scary.

4. Debra says:
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 at 7:01pm

LOL!! That funny skit reminds me of my momma in law. She is always asking me questions, then when I start to answer, her eyes glaze over and immediatly she askes me another question!! My lesson in this is LISTEN LISTEN LISTEN to the answer with total focus!!

5. Kim R says:
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 at 6:08am

That really was too funny! I loved how you started talking faster and faster in an attempt to answer before the next interrupt. Good job ladies! Thanks for the giggle!

6. Helen King says:
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 at 9:05pm

Thank you Jodi. I promise to never interview you ;). THat place was amazing wasn’t it?

7. Lydia Mancini says:
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 at 4:02pm

Wow funny stuff but I could not get past the hair!!

8. Deb says:
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 at 8:51am

I think the point was that there is no “magic” answer that will make us and our dogs better. Some things we just have to work on and figure out what works best for each of us.

Susan I am very appreciative of your newsletter on being a good student. One of the things I struggle with IS how to pay attention without disconnecting from my dog. When I put them in a down I’ll admit I have one eye on them to make sure they stay there but I could give them a toy or pick them up.

9. Casey O says:
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 at 7:59pm

Gale, I think that was the point and what made the whole thing so funny to me. Susan wasn’t given a chance to answer. And it couldn’t be serious w/that egg beater hair-do!
    Loved it gals.

10. Gale says:
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 at 6:23pm

I am watching the interview, and I have never seen such an ignorant interviewer. Every answer was started and before the answer could be more than 2 words, there was an interruption and all the info is still with Susan and not with those who are watching.

I don’t find this funny.

• Helen King says:
      Tuesday, November 16, 2010 at 6:26pm

I would agere Gale. the interviewer is extremely ignorant 😉

• Jodi Altman says:
        Wednesday, November 17, 2010 at 8:02pm

but she’s the BEST restaurant researcher in the whole wide world. We’ll take her with all her flaws.

11. Deb says:
    Monday, November 15, 2010 at 1:23pm

LOL – my husband asked me if this was part of my “course” – to be fair – he just walked by and wasn’t listening.

12. Suzanne Wesley says:
    Monday, November 15, 2010 at 11:38am

I had seen this video already. It was a real crack up and I was actually impressed with both of your “acting” abilities. Who would have thunk it :)) LOLOL

Enjoy Sydney or wherever you are there in NSW. I’m sure you are possibly a little further out west from Sydney proper?

13. Karen says:
    Monday, November 15, 2010 at 10:32am

ROFLOL…thanks for this wonderful gift on an otherwise cold, rainy Monday morning.

14. Betsy says:
    Monday, November 15, 2010 at 3:14am

Really funny. Reminds me of what my dogs must feel about some of my reactions to their communications. WHAT??
    Or maybe it is hair today, gone tomorrow. 🙂

15. Trish says:
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 at 10:46pm

Nice job ladies – very funny! Love the Jef call at the end!

16. Helen KIng says:
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 at 9:22pm

Absolutely BRILLIANT video! 😉
    Glad things are goign well there 🙂

17. Margaret says:
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 at 6:56am

Glad you’re having a good time in Australia! Great seminar! Shame I had to go home.

18. Trudie says:
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 at 5:25am

OMG! Frikin hilarious! Love the hair!! You guys are too much! Wish we could’ve seen more of Mel though…
    And Jef, my dog bought those videos! Couch potato to champ in 5 easy minutes!

19. Tricia says:
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 at 2:20am

So, I’m curious now – what is your breakfast concoction???

20. patrobards says:
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 at 1:37am

I went to the Friday at Sydney, excellent, missed the day sessions on Saturday but came up for the talk on raising your puppies Susan on Saturday night and it was wonderful! Great value and food for thought.

I missed the talk on Operant and Classical but at a guess it would have been about Pavlov Is always Sitting On Your Shoulder sort of thing, I find way over a lot of folks heads (as yet!)

~Pat Robards Oz

21. Kari Carney says:
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 at 12:42am

As I am watching this clip, my husband asked, “what are they drunk or something?” Thanks for the chuckles.

22. janeharding says:
    Saturday, November 13, 2010 at 10:01pm

Susan,, thanks for answering so many useful questions… Can I ask about your hair??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Andrea says:
    Saturday, November 13, 2010 at 8:47pm

Thanks for answering the question on collection, I’ve been struggling with that so it was great to hear your thoughts on that one 😉

24. Kristine says:
    Saturday, November 13, 2010 at 6:41pm

Love this! The inclusion of Jef Blake in the end was priceless. His video, I find, is so informative. I don’t know what I would have done without it.

Thanks so much for sharing this!