First night

Posted on 10/26/09 16 Comments

I can’t believe how awesome it is to finally be in a real home, especially one we have waited so long to get into!  Yesterday a few friends and relatives lent us a hand and we got everything into the house in 6 hours!  I seemed to remember it took days to pack it all into the storage container.  It will be great to see that big ugly eye sore off of our property (plus it will open up more RV parking for all of you that have been inconvenienced.

The Slap Chop in his new home:)
The Slap Chop in its display case in the kitchen.

For those that have been asking, here is a picture of the Slapper in his new home (well until John sees what I have done and then I am sure it will have to move:). John thoughtfully had Buzz’s surgery moved until tomorrow so we all have a bit of time to settle in before he has to go to vets.

I will post more about our house in the future, it is a home custom built with dogs in mind, so lots of cool doggie apps.

Back to unpacking boxes. Today I am grateful for the chance to move around a real house and as much as I love him dearly, not have to see John every waking moment of my life (trust me, I am certain he is grateful for the same thing!)

1. Lori B says:
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 9:42am

Sending you housewarming wishes for many happy times and memories in your new home. Sending Buzzy hugs and healing thoughts!

2. Laura says:
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 7:24am

I agree with Kathy, having a hot water tap outside is great! We moved into our custom-built home last October (felt like we’d moved into a fancy hotel compared with the old farm house we were living in before!) and it wasn’t something I had thought of. But our builder always puts both hot and cold hose bibs in the garage, and my first thought when I saw that was how great it would be to be able to bath the dog in the garage after she rolls in something or gets sprayed by a skunk, rather than walk her though the house to get to the tub.

3. Kathy Smith says:
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 at 2:07pm

The picture of you walking in the door with that crazy looking smile on your face when you got the Slap Chop still cracks me up! I can’t look at it without laughing, LOL.
    I remember how it felt when we moved into our house after building it. I also remember trying to explain to the carpenters that the wrap-around deck had to join with our future fence and the double gates had to close in the front as well as the pickets be close enough that a dog could not get their head stuck between them etc. etc…. They did not understand the concept of a dog friendly house!
    Can’t wait to see what you added. Hot water outside for baths and washing crates is a must!!!!

4. Lynda Orton-Hill says:
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 at 9:00am

I think Susan should approach the Slap Chop people about a “info” mmercial in her new kitchen and maybe a “designer colour match SC” for her kitchen!

5. Marcy says:
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 at 7:23am

CONGRATULATIONS on moving into your new home!!!
    Looking forward to hearing all about it. Perhaps a video tour?

On a different note, I will keep Buzz in my prayers today. Hope the surgery is successful and he is back home soon!

6. Kathryn says:
    Monday, October 26, 2009 at 8:01pm

I KNEW it. Properly lit and everything.

7. Andrea says:
    Monday, October 26, 2009 at 7:21pm

Can’t wait to see all the cool doggie apps. You know…only us mac people would call them that…

Guess the eyesore being removed means no Susan B&B…ahh well.

Enjoy the new diggs. 🙂

8. Susan Anderson says:
    Monday, October 26, 2009 at 5:23pm

I am so glad to see you in your new home Susan, When you where here in Colorado in Aug. you where hoping to go home and move in and here it is end of Oct. Know you will love it and may you spend many happy hours there with John and the dogs.

9. Christine says:
    Monday, October 26, 2009 at 4:17pm

And Congrats on the move in – hope everyone has settled well. I’m assuming even though John has room to now move the dogs are likely still in tow around your feet.

10. Christine says:
    Monday, October 26, 2009 at 4:16pm

WAHAHAHA The Slap Chop has a beautiful holding place. I too have suddenly been seeing the ads. Here at work the girls in the lunchroom were going crazy over the new flyer which indicated the Slap Chop was now available in the ‘As Seen on TV’ store in town. And during our agility trial this weekend that’s what was advertised as we kicked back to have some drinks, ironicially everyone knows about it….

11. Meghan Rosenstengel says:
    Monday, October 26, 2009 at 3:09pm

Welcome home!

12. Lynda Orton-Hill says:
    Monday, October 26, 2009 at 1:54pm

So what did the kids think of their home… How fun was it to introduce them to it? Congrats – so happy it went well yesterday!

13. Jason says:
    Monday, October 26, 2009 at 1:11pm

Making the world skinny one slap at a time – Slap Chop

Will you do a video tour- walk through?

14. Taryn says:
    Monday, October 26, 2009 at 11:03am

I love your sense of humor! Congrats on getting into your new house! Can’t wait to see all the new doggy features.

15. Michelle says:
    Monday, October 26, 2009 at 10:34am

LOL! You have to tell us what John says when he sees where the Slap Chop is….

16. Judith Batchelor says:
    Monday, October 26, 2009 at 9:03am

Congradulations on moving to your new house— I am so glad that your Slap Chop has found a home.

PS: up until your post about the Slap Chop I don’t remember seeing it advertised much- Now I see the commercial ALL THE TIME– coincidence?