Anyone reading this blog who has raised a dog has been there at one point or another. Frustrated as $h!% when our dog just doesn’t co-operate. Sometimes we plead and that works, sometimes, we bribe and that works… but more often than not the dog just does what he wants when he wants, leaving us banging our heads against the wall.
For most of us, there is a breaking point. Sadly for some dogs that is the moment they get re-homed. For the lucky ones it is the moment their owners seek out guidance to find a better way to get through to their beloved dog. A way to learn a language where both dog and owner are happy with the way things turn out.
Today we celebrate a group of people who “reached their breaking point” and turned to our online program “Recallers” for that “better way”.
This year is the 6th Anniversary of our Recallers program. The saying “from little things, big things grow” is certainly true of Recallers. The success of this program is due to three key things… three things that will lift your dog training regardless of where you are or what you are working on.
1. Clarity & Engagement: Our students learn through games. Games that engage both the dogs and their people. Lets face it, if it isn’t fun none of us are not going to do it. If work=play we will put in the hours to get results. Games are the seeds from which these results grow.
2. The enthusiasm and consistency of our students playing those games with their dogs. Dogs, like children, need consistency from us. Consistency is how behaviours become repeatable. There is no better predictor of future behaviour then past behaviour!
3. The last key to our students’ success is the support network. We feel most alone when we are struggling with a challenge, that is when each of us need a network of support the most. The strength of Recallers lies in the inspirational global community of dog lovers supporting each other throughout a collective journey. It is this community that has come to be known as ‘Recallers’.
That brings us up to today….
Recallers 2016 Video Contest – Day One Voting!
Today we get to sit back and watch “the finale”. You know like watching the last episode of “the Biggest Loser”. Here we take a look back at what life was like for people (i.e. dog owners) at the beginning of their journey, and what kind of transformation they are able to see today. A transformation in their relationship with their dogs and in their dog’s behaviour as their beloved family pet.
Your Important Role
This is where you come in. We invite you to join our community to catch a glimpse of what these people have been through… who knows you may see yourself or your dog in these stories! These are stories of people just like you who turned their struggles into strengths. Here is the role we would love for you to play. Over the next week, we will be posting three semi-final rounds for you to vote on. Every other day we will post a new set of 5 videos. Pick your top two favourites in each round. We will finish the contest with the “Finale” where the top six videos of the week (top two each day) will go head to head to compete to be in the top three of the year! Voting for Day Two and Day Three is now open too.
We have very generous sponsors in our community who have donated AMAZING prizes! The top 3 vote getters here, and two additional contestants chosen at random, will EACH receive a gift pack including the FIVE outrageously cool prizes listed below.
Thank you to our generous Sponsors!
|The KLIMB from Blue-9 Pet Products
The KLIMB is the world’s first professionally designed and engineered dog training platform. It was specifically designed to improve the relationship between you and your dog. We know you will LOVE The Klimb, it will give you countless options for fun and training!
|Bespoke Recallers Gift Pack from 4MyMerles
This gift pack features a custom embroidered Recallers Plush Leash and Floppy Flyer, and a Plush Bungee Berry. Every day is game day with these gifts from 4MyMerles!
|FitBone from FitPAWS
We love our FitBones here at Say Yes and know that you will too! The possibilities of things you can do with a FitBone are endless. Use your FitBone combined with The Klimb for body awareness games and fun.
|Play Pack of Toys from Tough Tugz
A play pack of great toys featuring a Pom Pom, Power Ring, Fleece Tug and Tug-E-Nuff Bungee Food bag toy. Tough Tugz are a hit with dogs and people here at Say Yes! These quality toys are made in the UK with dog and human needs in mind, and there is something for everyone.
|Cooling Kit from Zentek Clothing
The fabulous Cooling Kit comes with a Cool Mat and a Canine Quick Wrap with cool packs. We love our Zentek products! Not only does Zentek have brilliant cooling gear for dogs, but they also carry a whole line of quality thermo-regulating clothing for humans too.
Now on to the videos! Below are the first 5 stories, and we know that picking just 2 will not be easy! Make sure to scroll to the bottom to vote. Remember, we have three rounds before the finals, you can view and vote on the Day 2 videos as well! If you are inspired by these videos and want to learn more about our online “Recallers” program just sign up for our “Recallers Wait List” with the form found to the right of this post.
Today I am grateful for the videos our Recallers have shared, and for their wonderful support of each other, they inspire us! Be sure to vote for your 2 favs!
1. Nadine – Dog Training Using Recallers Games Is … A New Kind Of Lifestyle
2. Sally – Dog Training Using Recallers Games Is … A Plan
3. Nicole – Dog Training Using Recaller Games Is … Doing It Right … Right From The Start
4. Heather – Dog Training Using Recallers Games Is … About Celebration
5. Nici – Dog Training Using Recallers Games Is … A Fairy Tale Come True
Results of Day One Voting
Here are results of Day 1 voting:
- 5. Nici (30%, 426 Votes)
- 1. Nadine (20%, 293 Votes)
- 3. Nicole (18%, 254 Votes)
- 4. Heather (17%, 243 Votes)
- 2. Sally (16%, 225 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,093