What’s Upcoming; A Sneak Peek or is it “Peak”

Posted on 08/17/11 14 Comments

I put this video together for all of you PuppyPeakers that have been asking what is upcoming and for the rest of you so you can see what I have been doing with Swagger. As we move through month two of the program you can see that yes I am still working on a lot of “family pet skills” but I have also already started the foundation of many of Swagger’s performance skills.

For those of you curious about Puppy Peaks you can view information about the program atΒ PuppyPeaks.com

I just threw together a handful of clips of things we have ready for the next few months. I hope you are all enjoying this as much as I am enjoying putting it together!

Today I am grateful for the awesome supportive community that has developed in Puppy Peaks. I just love how some of the more experienced “Recallers” are jumping in to help the new folk by researching and citing resources on my blog, YouTube site or even chapters from Ruff Love and Shaping Success. W-a-a-a-a-y helpful to myself and the rest of the staff, not to mention the students that are having the struggles in the first place. Thank you everyone!

1. Sydney says:
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 at 1:21pm

Oh, Susan! Are you still planning a contact course this fall??? Pleeeease πŸ˜‰

And for those without puppies…..PUPPY PEAKS IS NOT JUST FOR PUPPIES!. There is so much I “notice” Susan doing that I am applying to my training. The dogs and I are loving it.

2. Marg says:
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 8:10pm

I love month one of Puppy Peaks & learned lots of good training methods to use with my two puppies even though they are 3 1/2 & 6 years old. The preview for month two looks even better. Can’t wait for it to get started!

• Tibbie says:
      Friday, December 9, 2011 at 4:59pm

Dag nabbit good stuff you whiperspnapeprs!

3. Mary Lou says:
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 3:50pm

How about a head cam for the Swag man!

• shelley says:
      Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 9:34pm

Brill idea Mary Lou, A Swagger eye view!

4. Sandy says:
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 2:52pm

I am really looking forward to all the video’s!!! I was a recaller member also and learned a ton of useful games!! Does anyone know what I should be seeing these days as a puppy peaks memeber? Not sure if I am seeing the right stuff?

5. Elaine says:
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 12:46pm

I so can’t wait for these vids!

6. Jane n Bobs says:
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 12:25pm

Mary K me too…..first time I have ever had black nails to trim and I am scared silly of them even tho’ I’ve got a puppy who will let me do anything with her – you’ve made me feel better knowing y’re out there too with the same dilema

7. Gabi says:
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 12:01pm

pleeeeaaasssse post many videos “watching other dogs run quietly” i’m well my puppy is soooo struggeling with that!

8. Mary K says:
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 11:33am

First,I need a video on how to get over “my” fear of clipping those nails! Black nails she has.

• Wendy says:
      Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 1:03pm

Mary K, Don’t worry – just clip ’em often and only a little, and keep styptic powder ready. It stops the bleeding almost immediately, and a quick treat or two helps them get over the ‘ouch.’ We’ve all cut to the quick, it’s part of being a doggy mom.

• Laurel says:
        Monday, September 12, 2011 at 11:41am

And if you don’t have any styptic handy (or can’t remember where you put it!) good old flour works just fine as well.

It doesn’t stick as good right off the bat, so I put a bit in a small bowl and then hold the dogs paw in the flour for a couple seconds then just keep them in my lap so they don’t run off and knock the flour off.

• chloe says:
      Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 2:25pm

Me too! I can do cats, but those black dog nails….

9. Debra says: