Our Two Weeks in the UK has Begun!

Posted on 05/09/11 25 Comments

John, myself along with Lynda and her husband John Hill arrived in England a week earlier than the rest of the Canadian team (coming in for WAO – World Agility Open). Partly to enjoy a bit of a British Holiday and partly because I did a few days of teaching. We have been staying at Bowerland in Devon at this quaint and extremely friendly “holiday cottages” run by Carole and Allan (Allan, Allan, Allan) Langman. (www.bowerlandcottageholidays.co.uk).

It is a great arrangement if you are looking for a holiday. Bring your dog and maybe even see if you can arrange a private lesson (or as they call it a 1-2-1) with their daughter Lauren. Lauren not only has represented the UK on a couple Β occasions at the FCI World Champs but she is also one of the best agility instructors I have meant. Her combination of dog training knowledge coupled with the fact she used to be a school teacher makes her one of the best dog training educators I have come across.

It has been an amazing week with beautiful dog walking trails and a great agility training facility. What more would you want for your holiday accommodations? Oh yeah, very welcoming friendly hosts!

Today I am grateful for the Langmans, you couldn’t ask for better hosts!

1. Suzanne Wesley says:
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 9:58am

Lovely photos! Enjoy your trip!

2. Jim Davis says:
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 at 12:15am

Hi Susan

Looks like a wonderful vacation.
    Tell John I realy like the sweater he is wearing in the picture with you and the dogs. Did you pick it out or did John? Where did you find it.

3. shelley says:
    Monday, May 16, 2011 at 10:52am

Jill, if you mean the agility competition, you can view it on agilityvision

4. jill dearmin says:
    Sunday, May 15, 2011 at 9:11pm

Susan … Love the pictures .. have any bangers n mash !! lots of tea I bet .. is there a way i can see a video from the show .. Jill AKA The Scot .. Hi to John

5. Kerry says:
    Sunday, May 15, 2011 at 5:47pm

Wondering what program of exercise you followed to get Feature back into shape after her pregnancy/lactation? How soon after delivery of Swagger were you able to resume training/exercise with Feature?

6. Kreg Z says:
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 12:05pm

Gorgeous pics, the first one with the two running up the trail is absolutely magical.

7. Kim says:
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 6:56am

Thank you so much for coming to Devon to teach Susan. I got sooo much from your seminars, truely my brain hurts. Ideas keep going in and I need to grab them tightly before they get pushed out by the next one coming rushing in! You’ve really inspired me to go up a gear and get the most from my dogs and find the joy for them:) And I’m so pleased I’ve got Lauren to guide us:) We’re lucky to have her.
    I know we Brits are polite and reserved but can I just say you really were great! So charismatic, warm, giving, honest…and FUN! Thank you very very much and come back soon.
    Good luck at the weekend with those amazing dogs of yours :)x

8. Sue Hurley says:
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 3:28am

Best of luck for the World’s. You’ll do awesome. πŸ™‚

9. Gail-TrentisHoe Doodles says:
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 at 5:42pm

I have been privileged to attend Susan’s training seminar just an hour from my home in North Devon. Inspirational and mind blowing. I returned home with DVD and my doodles are already responding brilliantly. Good luck Susan and keep up the fantastic work.

10. Helen KIng says:
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 at 1:11pm

Wishing you and Lynda the best of luck! The photos are amazing!

11. Lesley says:
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 at 4:09am

I have been lucky enough to enjoy Susans training in Devon – inspirational! But my brain hurts with all of the info for the way forward with both of my dogs. I also have an insirational/ motivational trainer in Lauren – so what more could I want! We will never be high achievers but the sheer enjoyment I get from training & now competing is amazing. The past three days have just added to that!

12. Alaska says:
    Monday, May 9, 2011 at 10:55pm

Ha! I totally recognize the look on the faces of those border collies: pure, unadulterated joy! I know this look well since I get to see it all the time now on the face of my Recaller puppy.

It’s hard not to sound like a broken record singing the praises of the Recallers course, but that course has changed my life, and that look epitomizes the change. I’m pretty sure it’s what my own face looks like most of the time these days πŸ™‚

Thanks for the doggie fix (though I dare say we’re all missing young Swagger as well).

• Evelyn says:
      Tuesday, May 10, 2011 at 1:12am

the recallers course really changed a lot … I think some folks think that I must be on drugs, never had more joy working and just being with my dogs πŸ™‚

13. Evelyn says:
    Monday, May 9, 2011 at 5:41pm

have a fantastic time !! fingers and paws all crossed for great runs at the WAO πŸ™‚

14. Linda says:
    Monday, May 9, 2011 at 5:02pm

How beautiful. What lucky people you are! Wonderful times. Enjoy.

15. Shelley says:
    Monday, May 9, 2011 at 2:31pm

Glad to hear you are all having fun! Love the photos, the girlies look like they are enjoying Devon.

16. Freya says:
    Monday, May 9, 2011 at 1:05pm

I would LOVE to go to one of your seminars in the UK, but their all so far away :/

17. Jane n Bobs says:
    Monday, May 9, 2011 at 11:50am

Susan, Lynda, John and John, welcome to our beautiful country and such a lovely
    time of the year when everything is so
    new and fresh and vibrant…perfect
    conditions for a fantastic agility week-end, good luck and may the ‘joy’ be with you.

18. Crystal says:
    Monday, May 9, 2011 at 11:17am

Sounds like an awesome place to visit!

I bet someone with teacher training does great teaching training classes. Its amazing how many people are simply wonderful trainers, but only so-so teachers, I think more people should try out this combo.

19. Debra says:
    Monday, May 9, 2011 at 11:11am

I’m following you on facebook with all those gorgeous pics, Susan! I’m rooting for you all! Thanks for the Swagger fix also…I’m sure you miss that boy! :o}

20. Marion says:
    Monday, May 9, 2011 at 11:01am

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing:)

21. Marcie says:
    Monday, May 9, 2011 at 9:22am

Looks beautiful! Love the fence picture – they look like they are in doggy jail!

Enjoy and best of luck!

22. Kelly says:
    Monday, May 9, 2011 at 7:49am

Gorgeous photos! Enjoy the vacation, and good luck next weekend!

23. Heather says:
    Monday, May 9, 2011 at 5:05am

Postcard pictures. So green and lush. Enjoy your holiday with John and your girls.

24. Billie says:
    Monday, May 9, 2011 at 3:05am

It looks so beautiful and what gorgeous, photogenic puppies! Best of luck for WAO!