Count This!

Posted on 03/10/11 20 Comments

Mr. Swagger has some new things for you all to count today. Naughtypants! See how many unwanted behaviours you can find in this short clip.

You can see where the foundation of a lot of unwanted behaviours starts so young. This puppy could easily grow up to be a dog that will not come when he is called, will not retrieve a toy . . . actually will play keep away with the toy, will chew on personal items and eat inappropriate things amoungst other not so desired behaviours!

Today I am grateful for a puppy that give me belly laughs.

1. Bobbie says:
    Sunday, April 3, 2011 at 2:05pm

I LOVE the playbow at the top of the stairs before he stole the dirty toy!!

2. denise says:
    Friday, March 11, 2011 at 10:11pm

Hilarious when he is trying to get into the house with his treasure! ๐Ÿ™‚ He has so much personality for a baby boy.

3. barrie says:
    Friday, March 11, 2011 at 9:58am

I so needed that this morning! Thanks for showing us that it is ok sometimes to just laugh ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Mary M says:
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 9:58pm

Okay I am addicted to this one, how crazy am I…just watched it again for a laugh…thanks for sharing!

5. Nancy says:
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 9:13pm

So glad to see the hint at a puppy class. I hopefull will be getting one soon. Sonogram this Saturday!

6. Joanna says:
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 8:55pm

Haha, love the stream of comments of “don’t do that! leave that alone!” Thanks for the laugh. ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Mary M says:
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 8:40pm

Posted a comment on FB too, but this video makes me smile and laugh!

He is, yes, being a goofy (i.e. โ€œnaughty-pantsโ€) little man….BUT the confidence is great Susan, from a singleton pup (which could have resulted in too much co-dependence on the mama) to a boy willing to check out the world….while I am sure you will not be allowing rehearsals it is a great thing to see at least once, he is exploring lifeโ€ฆ good for him and good for you for building his confidence….

Again, the little guy has no idea that another book was written just for these things RF (authored by yet again, drum-roll…his mama!!)

So I say, here it comes Swag-man, mama’s got your number and yes indeed she wrote that book too! LOL

8. Erin & Guide Pup Rob says:
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 7:58pm

I’m enjoying watching Swagger grow!! My current puppy in training is 9 weeks and is very much full of himself as well ๐Ÿ™‚

9. Dakota says:
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 6:00pm

Being in the process of raising two puppies (who are now 10 weeks old) I can totally relate to Swagger’s antics! I’ve been doing my best to keep a balance between that wild puppy abandon and polite behavior. I too would be ecstatic to see a puppy e-course!

10. Penny hewitt says:
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 5:43pm

Ha Ha loved it, what a character he is
    so full of himself. I was laughting to much, and lost count of his cute naughty pants act.

11. Sonya says:
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 3:43pm

Far too naughty but far too cute! The pant biting is a tough one- especially when you have a six week Jack Russell!

12. Katherine says:
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 3:07pm

This is SO TRUE. My new puppy has some behaviors that started as a baby, baby puppy (4-8 weeks) that I have been trying very hard not to reinforce! He came to me with a pretty strong “jump up and squeal like a pig” default behavior. Now I mostly see nice, polite “sit and make eye contact with momma” defaults… but under times of stress, the piglet returns. “Start early” is an understatement!

13. Lee Carr says:
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 2:43pm

So good to see that Arcade is not alone in his naughty-ness! I can hear SG in my head when he’s up to no good “no rehersals of unwanted behavior” LOL
    SG I’m trying!!!
    But I find the comment at the end encouraging, he’s still a young baby after all. And the fact that I recognize these behaviors is the step in the right direction ๐Ÿ™‚
    I’m REALLY hoping that your next e-course is on puppies!!!!!

Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 2:52pm

. . . ding ding Lee!

• Katherine says:
        Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 3:07pm

Soon, I hope!? ๐Ÿ˜€

• Vicki Crocker says:
        Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 5:48pm

wooo hooo, timing couldnt be any better!! Cant Wait!
        Any ideas when the process of signing up will begin?

• Rachel says:
      Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 3:49pm

Lee there is more to trying, sign up for Susan’s new recallers 2 course! I did the first ecourse and I am playing many recallers games with my now 12 week old puppy – a Malinois who could stand up to Swagger – who has perfect manners and for the time being a great recall! The 5 minute formula – the solutation that goes beyond trying.

14. cecilia says:
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 1:56pm

I canยดt see the video. Itยดs been blocked in my country (Sweden) by Sony Music Entertainment. ๐Ÿ™