Big Trial Prep: 5 Days Out

Posted on 07/30/10 6 Comments

We will be leaving for the Canadian National Agility Championships next Wednesday AM so the countdown begins. Five days out so I have to squeeze in some training between the rest of my life.

Today’s to do list:

Morning work out (I have been naughty and not as regular as I should (only once in the past 5 days)  so it is now a must do!)

Lunch with an old school chum. Not that she is old, being the same age as me, that would be impossible, but because we became the best of friends in grade 5. Always nice to catch up with old friends.

Errands running around town blah, blah, blah (times like this I realize how much I would love a PA).

Flashback to Feature's early jump grids. Not much has changed, just removing the bumps

Upload new videos for Brilliant recalls course.

Jump Grids with the girls. My plan includes balancing grids as well as distance grids.

Contact reinforcing with the girls. With so many trials in the past 8 weeks it is time to put some money back in the good contact performance bank account! Chicken necks are the high value reward of choice!

This week really is just about reminding my dogs of their jobs. I will brush up on some gambles this weekend (as I haven’t trained them since May) and be ready to head out to Calgary on Wednesday morning.

That is my plan, now lets hope nothing pops up to take me off course!

Today I am grateful for clear skies and a drop in the humidity around here!

1. Catherine Enderton says:
    Sunday, August 1, 2010 at 10:35am

Good luck at the trials! I am interested in your (human) fitness program as I am trying to improve my fitness so I can enjoy agility more (as well as the rest of my life). If you ever feel like sharing about your vegan diet and exercise routine, I’d love to read about it! Is it hard to stay vegan when you travel? If you have done so in previous newsletter, is there some way to go back and read old newsletters? Cathy

2. Jane n Bobs says:
    Saturday, July 31, 2010 at 6:55am

I am so impressed with all the comments
    and obvious committment to this course
    coming in from you guys out there it is
    so inspiring…just one question is there
    anyone on the course with a ‘suspicious
    of anything and anyone’ shar-pei? crate
    trained as a pup won’t go anywhere near it now,get on y mat is our compromise upto now.

3. veronica says:
    Saturday, July 31, 2010 at 3:43am

Good luck!
    Thanks for those trial prep tips.
    Have taken note.

4. Bobbie Bhambree says:
    Friday, July 30, 2010 at 10:49am

Thanks for sharing your pre-game training plans before big events. It’s helpful to know what to think about when preparing for a big trial.

5. Andrea says:
    Friday, July 30, 2010 at 8:54am

Hmmm…I think being your PA would be a very interesting experience, searching the province for rare and interesting vegan treats, at the hardware store requesting various shapes and sizes of PVC, then attempting to assemble said PVC into something resembling a spider?, figuring out how to use the most complicated sink ever made, sorting through what I’m sure must be literally thousands of emails a day and of course prioritizing any that deal with the most recent musings on puppy names, you know the list goes on and on.

Of course travelling the world and hanging out with you and the red girls definitely has it’s appeal! 🙂

• Marsha Kingsley says:
      Friday, July 30, 2010 at 3:01pm

Don’t forget, Andrea, you’ll need to be well trained in using the slap chopper!