Puppy Swimming!

Posted on 11/27/09 18 Comments
Lynda and Cool Moss
Lynda and Cool Moss

Sorry I had a bit of a hiatus this week. We had our final inspection on the new house so John and I have been running around like crazy. In the midst of it all Lynda (friend and one of our instructors here) brought by her new Border Collie puppy. His name is CoolMoss (I have nick named him CoolioMoo). He is a very cool puppy . . . and he is a boy!

Β

Here is a great clip of him learning to swim. Once in the water we just allowed him to gain confidence while body surfing on Lynda.Β  When he showed us he didn’t have issues with the new game we took it one step further. Β It is sure to put a smile on anyone’s face. Happy belated Thanksgiving to all of my American friends!

Β

Today I am grateful for puppies that make you laugh out loud.

1. Karry says:
    Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 12:02pm

Love it! Years ago I got my Aussie pup used to the water using a concrete boat ramp for graduated entrance to the water with solid footing. He is a genuine (Bone-a-fide ????) water baby and gets excited if he can see water from the vehicle. His water joy led us to dock diving and it is wonderful to watch! We follow where his enjoyment leads us and it is always good. Enjoy your Cool boy!

2. Laurie Dana says:
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 at 2:05pm

How cute is he!!!!!!!!!!

3. Aimee L. says:
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 at 4:50pm

Oh, Lynda, relish every single moment!! What a cutie- and what a little fish!

4. Beth says:
    Monday, November 30, 2009 at 12:06am

Ok, that was the cutest thing I have seen in a while. Thanks for sharing……
    Beth πŸ™‚

5. Maria says:
    Sunday, November 29, 2009 at 3:38pm

Hello Susan!
    I’m sorry I’m writing not about puppy swimming, but you inspired us (me and my friend) to play with weaving (we trained our dogs using channel method, but your dvd encouraged us to try some new challenges), we made a video and we would like to share it with you… But I didn’t know where I can send a link… so I’m doing it here πŸ™‚
    Have fun as we had: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lejnst1M81o
    Best regards!
    Maria

6. Mary Lou says:
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 at 7:59pm

Way cute!

7. Janine and Karen says:
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 at 6:53pm

We love the video of Cool Moss swimming! We can’t wait to meet him!
    …let’s hope grandpa doesn’t feed im too many potatos lol

8. paulmac says:
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 at 1:05pm

Your video reminds me of my 10 year old teaching our chihuahua to swim in the bath .

9. kellie says:
    Friday, November 27, 2009 at 6:30pm

Love the music and the smart puppy – look forward to more …

10. Melissa Blazak says:
    Friday, November 27, 2009 at 5:20pm

Are you renting out the pool? I don’t live very far away~! Rudy says swimming in Lake Ontario in November is hard on the boy parts.
    LOL JK

11. Judith says:
    Friday, November 27, 2009 at 5:00pm

Lynda you look like you were enjoying that so much- What a sweet baby boy you have. Great blog…

12. Lindsay says:
    Friday, November 27, 2009 at 4:56pm

That’s so adorable! Oh how I wish I had a pool like that to swim my dogs in during the colder months!

13. Helen Verte says:
    Friday, November 27, 2009 at 2:31pm

You couldn’t have picked a better song to go along with this video. What fun Lynda will be having with her new son. πŸ™‚ I’ve got envy-itis.

14. Michelle says:
    Friday, November 27, 2009 at 1:27pm

What a riot, smart dog, knew where to swim to exit the pool. Soon enough you wont be able to keep him out. Dogs have good memories, I can see him running to the house like I wanna go swimming!!! Trudy does that when I go training at K9!!

15. Marianne says:
    Friday, November 27, 2009 at 1:08pm

Thanks Susan! This is why I love your blog. Lynda — enjoy that baby boy. So well named. Looks like you’re going to have a ball w/ him!!

16. Kelly says:
    Friday, November 27, 2009 at 12:54pm

Look at Cool Moss go!!! What a great little swimmer!!! WAHOO!!

17. Christine says:
    Friday, November 27, 2009 at 12:51pm

OMG, I so LOVE it!! Yes, it certainly put a big smile on my face πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

18. Kathryn says:
    Friday, November 27, 2009 at 12:47pm

This evokes envy on many different levels!