Impressed by the Circus

Posted on 09/14/09 8 Comments

As I have said in the past, it takes a lot to impress me from a dog training point of view. However this act was way cool. I have seen many of the tricks before but is the animation of the dogs (and yes they are all poodles) that I just love. It is well designed act that allows the dogs to both run and do the physically taxing core strength type stuff. Be sure to watch it right up until the end!

As you read this Encore and I should be getting off a plane in Austria. I don’t know if I will be able to get to a computer while over there to update you on how we are doing but hopefully so. In the mean time I have written a series of 3 fun posts to come at you starting tomorrow.

Today I am grateful to be able to blog ahead!

1. Lynnda L says:
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 3:27am

Did you all notice the times the dogs got a tidbit? Lots of reinforcement for performing animals [at Sea World as well]….
    Great routine with lots of energy!

2. Lynnda L says:
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 3:24am

3. Mary says:
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 11:02am

I have one toy poodle who is phenomenal in agility. I have used your training methods and suggestions for her (almost exclusively). Now I see that I have to get 4 standard poodles to form “jumps” as these dogs did at the end of the video…so that we can practice jumping in my small back yard!!!

4. Jinger says:
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 12:07pm

I thought that was totally awesome and I am a poodle person. Those poos were having a great time and I too have a few new things to try to train my mini. I’m always trying to think of something new for her to keep her brain going.

Good luck to you and Encore!!!

5. Debra says:
    Monday, September 14, 2009 at 11:25pm

Now I know what I can train Kali to do in my spare time! We can run away and join the circus!!!
    🙂

6. Heather Sather says:
    Monday, September 14, 2009 at 12:55pm

That was alot of fun to watch!

7. Marilyn Spitz says:
    Monday, September 14, 2009 at 11:51am

I always knew that I wanted to join the circus. The dogs and trainers were all having such a great time. I only have one dog that I’m training, but we are having tons of fun too.

8. Meghan Rosenstengel says: