Do You Bounce?

Posted on 06/24/09 23 Comments

The title of this post covers many topics. First of all I ordered a rebounder last week (at least I think I did). It should be home when I get there (I hope) so I will be bouncing regularly.  My mom used to use one when I was a kid. For more on Rebounding check out this link (

I take a skipping rope with me everywhere I go. Not bouncing but similar. I do 105 skips between other morning workout exercises (why 105 you ask . . . 3 x 35 . . . remember my obsessive number fetish:)).  I do 1 set of 105 skips forward, then the next backwards. I do 5 or 8 sets of 105 during my workout, I love skipping so I think rebounding will be a fun thing to do first thing when I roll out of bed.

I sent out a newsletter the night before last. Some of your addresses (30 of you in total) bounced. If you signed up for a newsletter and didn’t get one you may need to sign up for a hotmail or gmail account as your server is not allowing my newsletter service to send anything to you. You won’t want you to miss the “big surprise” going out on July 14th so better get your account un-bounced if that

Circa early 2000's, Twister bouncing.
Twister (Dec 1992 - Mar 2008) bouncing.

is you.

Speaking of bouncing, check out the vintage picture of little 11 1/2″ Twister, she could bounce like no other. I sure miss her, lovely shocking pink tee shirt isn’t it!

I hope you are not the type to bounce cheques, that is just uncool.

I am getting ready to bounce from Washington soon. Okay, I admit, that was lame but I had to fit it in. I have had a great time here at Argus ranch. Aside from the awesome facility, the students have been soooo receptive to all I have taught. Thank you all for being so keen and enthusiastic about the learning. All the participants were great, but I think the Advances in Dog Training atmosphere was positively electric, possibly something to do with the dancing?

I have one more day of teaching (today, Wednesday).  Then I have Friday off before the 3 day NW USDAA regional starts. I am looking forward to that, I hope my girls aren’t too wiped out from demoing for the last 2 weeks. Something tells me they left a little something in the tank for the trial!

Today I am grateful for Jill, Holly, Helen, Mel and all the other people that worked to make my visit here in Washington State a memorable one.

**NOTE: to all that were bounced from the newsletter sign up, I think I fixed it so give it another try! SCG

1. Trudie says:
    Sunday, July 5, 2009 at 3:09pm

Theresa’s words “LOST ABOUT 50 LBS” have just bounced off the page at me!

2. Fiona says:
    Saturday, July 4, 2009 at 8:21am

Hi Susan,

I haven’t received your newsletter to my gmail account. I’ll open a hotmail account and try again!

3. Candace says:
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 at 2:01am

I think I bounced! I will try my hotmail . . . I love the newsletter so I really don’t want to miss out!

4. Claudia says:
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 at 12:02am

Hi Susan, my current account is a gmail account though…

5. Claudia says:
    Monday, June 29, 2009 at 10:03pm

Hi Susan,

I signed up awhile ago for the newsletter but haven’t got anything in the mailbox. I tried to re-signup and the system keep prompting I’m in the database already.

Is there something I’m not doing right? I’m not sure if I’m one of those “bounced” mail…

Monday, June 29, 2009 at 11:07pm

Hi Claudia, There is nothing you are doing wrong, if you aren’t getting the newsletter it must mean that your server is not allowing it to get through. You can take it up with your internet service or an easier route is to sign up for a free email account with or and you can receive it that way.

6. Laurel Brunke says:
    Saturday, June 27, 2009 at 11:26pm

Didn’t get the newsletter. Tried to sign up again but says I already subscribe. Help!

7. Wendy Snider says:
    Saturday, June 27, 2009 at 6:23am

Thanks Susan for the “bounce” mind jog…bought one, loved it and have left it unused for the past few months. You have, yet again, jogged my mind back to a fun healthly exercise very suitable for young and old bodies. I felt so good bouncing and can’t imagine why I stopped …oh yes, laziness and lack of effort. Today is a great day to begin again. Thanks!

8. Sydney says:
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 8:59pm

Thank you Susan for a wonderful week in Washington. Listening to and watching you plus being able to ask questions is invaluable. I am excited about playing your foundation games, working my weave entries, nose presses and setting up the masters handling exercise. My dogs and I will be better for it.

9. kellie says:
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 5:39pm

Love my rebounder – I bounce while Tini jogs on her treadmill – I got some video’s for exercising further but haven’t figure out the dvd player.

10. Theresa Litourneau says:
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 10:25pm

Many years ago (late 70’s ) I went to a lecture by Al Carter… it was amazing.
    I bought my first rebounder then. lost about 50 lbs, and looked and felt incredible. JUST got my new one , ReboundAIR 2 weeks ago. The benefits to the lymphatic system, balance, and whole body are amazing.
    Advances in Dog training is the ONE seminar, every dog owner should attend IMO. YOu are a phenomenal teacher, with the great brain and presentation
    to boot. Thanks for coming to Washington, and Love the pink peace !

11. Deb Bogart says:
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 3:37pm

I’m 6 foot and my ceilings downstairs are 7 foot. Bounce horizontal…’s fun. 😉

12. Beverley Reda says:
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 2:18pm

FYI – I did get it to work (and received a confirmation email) when I put my email address where you ask for a name.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 4:25pm

Thanks for the input Beverley, got it all fixed up now! scg

13. Beverley Reda says:
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 2:15pm

It is kind of hard to sign up for your newsletter when your link to sign up isn’t working properly and is bouncing me out. 🙁

I get the following error after entering my name and my email address:

An Error Occurred

Sorry, the email address “beverleyreda” is not a valid email address format. You must provide a valid email address in order to submit this form. Please push the “back” button on your web browser and try again.

Powered by ProFollow email marketing.

I have tired several times without success. My name and my email address have both been in the correct location.

Beverley Reda

14. Trish says:
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 2:06pm

I’d like to Bounce but my ceiling is too short and I’m too tall. 🙂

15. Deb Bogart says:
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 1:56pm

I love bouncing (rebounding). I recently purchased a pilates machine from QVC that allows you to rebound and I just love it. Do a 1/2 hour workout everything before getting ready to work.

I just love QVC 🙂

16. Jan V says:
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 1:49pm

NOT the balance ball (that would be a challenge.. and very funny), but the medicine balls. Transferring the ball from arm to arm, overhead, high and low, out away from your body while maintaining single leg balance on the rebounder. You crack me up!!

17. Kathryn says:
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 11:27am

Is “splat” the same as “bounce”? If so, then yes, yes I do.

18. Splash's mom says:
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 10:45am

You know, you can’t currently sign up for a newsletter….I just tried with my gmail address and I get the message:
    Sorry, the email address “my name” is not a valid email address format. You must provide a valid email address in order to submit this form. Please push the “back” button on your web browser and try again.
    It looks like it’s checking the name field, removing spaces, and validating against proper email format, but that’s the NAME. Just saying.

Splash’s mom
    who IRL is a web developer

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 11:03am

Thanks for the heads up Splash’s mom, I am having the newsletter sign up issue looked into. Did you try the form on my website? I would love to know if it is just this new form on the blog or both of them.. SCG

19. Jan V says:
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 8:52am

Rebounders or mini-tramps (not you, the piece of equipment) are excellent. In physical therapy, I most often use this for core strength and balance/proprioception. Every knee, ankle, hip, and back patient get rebounder work. In addition to all of the things mentioned on the website, try a lot of single leg work with balance challenges (never locking your knee, please). While balancing on one leg, play a game of catch with someone. Try jumping from the ground to a single leg stance in the center of the rebounder. The possibilities are endless, and oh so much fun!! Don’t forget to incorporate your medicine balls and yoga positions while on the rebounder :-))

Best to you and the girls at the regional this weekend.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 11:03am

I am having difficult envisioning the balance ball on the Rebounder Jan!