What Canadians Do for Winter Entertainment?

Posted on 02/09/09 13 Comments

I think this may be like suffering through home movies of someone elses kids. Just be grateful that I edited down to less than two minutes. It was Encore’s birthday on Saturday so Friday she got to run agility, (Saturday I had a full day of lessons here) and Sunday afternoon we packed everyone into the car and went to Dr.Leslie’s (Woodcock Veterinary Services & Rehab Center). My dogs favourite thing in the world is to swim. Once in the water, Buzz enjoys life in his own little domain (he would love to swim in the pool but it is just too hard on his body so we hook him up his own crib in the underwater treadmill (but we don’t turn on the treadmill belt)), DeCaff chases Feature in and out of the water but is always willing to pose for the paparazzi, meanwhile Encore is oblivious to anything in her surroundings as long as she is in the water. [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZacehfNQl-E] For those of you that will ask, the addy of the video is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZacehfNQl-E

Today I am grateful that I can be entertained by such a silly little thing, like watching my dogs having so much fun in the water.

1. Marilynn Pryor says:
    Monday, February 16, 2009 at 1:51pm

Loved watching Buzzy entertain himself. Sure wish there was a place like that around here for my dogs. Soon enough we’ll open up our pool again, and we will once again be living with wet tile floors until next Fall. And the video could’ve been much longer!

2. Tara says:
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 12:04pm

That looks like SOOOOO much fun!!!! I wish there was a place like that for dogs around here.

I love how Feature seems to be climbing out just a bit only to enjoy the thrill of jumping back in!

Thanks for sharing, this was a blast to watch!

Tara

Ballston Spa, NY

3. Lynne says:
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 at 8:58pm

In my next life, I want to come back as one of your dogs…..

4. Beth says:
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 9:29pm

I’m very jealous of the snow right now. We had some nice white stuff, but then it warmed up and now I’m stuck with icky, ucky, brown mud! And the worst part is it is just a teaser. It will freeze up again, get icy, and then Thaw again for more MUD!!! 🙁 Repeat about 10 times and you have winter in OHIO 🙁

Beth

5. Anne says:
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 2:17pm

Do they always swim counter clockwise?

6. Julie Rice says:
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 10:06am

Far from being boring home movies! I loved it and just wish we had somewhere like that to take our dogs.

7. Laura says:
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 8:23am

Hey, that’s just one road south and one road west of where I live! Had no idea she was so close by.

The best boost there ever is, when you’re having a bad day, is to watch your dogs having the most fun ever!

8. Angela says:
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 8:16am

Thank you for sharing, no suffering here, could have watched more :). It brought smiles and laughs!

Blessings~ Angela

9. Trudie says:
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 2:49am

The supreme test of your recall: OK kids, time to come out of the pool!!

Loved Decaff getting out and jumping back in with the toy, Buzz, that zany music…the snow and trees thru the window…

10. Trish says:
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 12:38am

Hillarious – may we never stop being entertained by the small funny stuff our dogs do…. thanks for sharing your home movies. 🙂

11. Martina says:
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 12:31am

What a great start of the day to watch this video. Happy dogs makes me happy 🙂 I just love the way Feature climbs up in the corner and jumps into the water, she made me start the day with a big smile 😀

12. Aubrey says:
    Monday, February 9, 2009 at 11:08pm

Fun Stuff! Today I am grateful that it’s only 3 more days till we visit Katie O’s pool again to tire out MY Girls!

My favorite part of swimming dogs is the nap they take afterwards!!!

13. Kelsey Fryling says:
    Monday, February 9, 2009 at 9:58pm

Too cute! I wish I had somewhere to go in the winter with my guy – he loves the water just as much! I’m in the midst of studying for a test and this is exactly what I needed. Thanks Susan!